Valentines made with The Ton

     Hello, everyone! I had a snow day from work today. Buffalo is getting slammed with a nasty blizzard, so I've been crafting up a storm! 
     For today's project, I'm sharing a quick and fun way to make a bunch of Valentines at once, using my stamp set from The Ton. These are great because you can make so many different color combinations to personalize them to whoever you're making them for! 

To make these cards, you will need: 
-"Heart Diamonds" stamp set from The Ton (can be found here:  https://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/photopolymer-clear-stamps?pa )
-Sentiment stamps from Technique Tuesday
-rhinestones (or sequins, etc., whatever shines float your boat)
-colored ink pads (I used Ranger Ink's distress inks)
-"love" dies (mine are from Memory Box)
-glue (I always use Ranger's matte collage medium)
-anti-static powder tool (mine is the bag from ranger)
-stamp positioning platform, not necessary but very helpful. (Mine is tonic studios stamping platform)

Okay, let's get started! First, I stamped the largest of the heart outline stamps all over the from of my 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" card base. I find that rotating the paper around while I'm stamping randomly helps me avoid having too many face the same direction here.
Next, I used the smallest hear outline in the set to stamp the little hearts in the color I wanted to add to each. I was going for a monochromatic look, so I used the same gray (hickory smoke from ranger) for the larger heart, with a variety of other colors for the smaller heart to make multiple cards at once.
Use your die cutting machine to cut out your "love" sentiments- I used holographic paper on several of these and really liked how that went with the "shiny diamond" theme in the hearts.
Next, I placed my bases in my stamp positioning platform, and lined the die cut up to make sure that my sentiment had room for the placement I wanted. NOTE: I did not glue the die cuts down yet, I wanted to wait until after I did the heat embossing in the next step so the heat gun didn't effect the glue in any way.
Next, I inked up the sentiment with my Ranger Ink embossing pad, and heat embossed the little sentiment with my Ranger Ink silver pearl embossing powder. The embossing isn't necessary, but I love the frosty effect this had for these cards, especially next to the holographic paper I used for the die cuts on the pink, red, and purple cards.
Almost done! Now, we'll glue down the die cuts above the sentiment we embossed.
They're all so pretty! You could just stop at this step, but I'm not one to skimp on sparkly embellishments when the opportunity arises.
I added some little self-adhesive rhinestones next to the "forever" sentiment to bring emphasis to the sentiment and bring it forward a bit more from the background, since this is very monochromatic,  and I thought it was a nice bit of sparkle with the heard diamonds. These are the finished cards:



I hope you all enjoy my tutorial, and if you're getting hit with this cold and snow like we are, I hope you're warm and safe at home! Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly Shaker Card Tutorial!

How Rawr You?